Job Opportunity at Texas de Brazil in Ala Moana Center
Posted Mon, Nov 20
Texas de Brazil is looking for a Full-time Host/Hostess. Summary of Position:Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Answer the phones in a positive and friendly manor. Manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in servic stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Be prepared to carry a guest’s beverage when escorting guests to their table
- Converse with guests as they are escorting to table assignments.
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return.
- Answering the phone in a polite and friendly manor
- Using the guest bridge system to enter in reservations and seat guests
- Only printing or changing soft copies with a manager’s approval
- Be available to assist other front of the house team members as needed to ensure the
- smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager
- Follow all of Texas de Brazil’s standards of conduct
- No previous restaurant experience required—However, preferred.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Honesty and integrity
- Have a basic understanding of computers.
- Positive attitude